KMB Update on COVID 19
Greetings Clients and Friends of Ki Massage & Bodyworks, LLC
As we navigate the COVID 19 challenges to our wellness, I offer a loving note of encouragement.
In general, let's take care of ourselves and our community with kind mindfulness.
For now, the following is in effect:
- NO NEW OR RETURNING CLIENTS ARE BEING ACCEPTED THROUGHOUT MARCH 2020.
- REPEAT CLIENTS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO COLD AND FLU SYMPTOMS MAY SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS AFTER OUR NEXT MONTHLY UPDATE IF THE RISKS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LOWERED.
Today, let us consider directing our focus to what is actually in our control by minimizing any chance of exposure and by supporting your immune system. For the latest COVID 19 updates click these links:
What we can do right now with friends and family:
- Getting more deep sleep is key to supporting your immune system. Aim for being in bed by 10:30 pm even if you don't fall asleep right away. Develop this healthy habit and enjoy the benefits. Naps are great tools too.
- Decreasing stress actually supports optimal immune function. Honor your power with less "Pavlov's dog" time spent on social media and TV. Consider learning about the current science on 5G via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh8DNKmDGk0
- Self-care tools empower by simply identifying and doing what makes you feel good: go for a meditative walk. switch from showering to a bath with rose water, epsom salt or essential oil, fortify relationships, read a good book, or listen to podcasts that balance your mind, feed your heart and nurture your spirit. Tara Brach offers talks with humor and depth on fear and more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78qfuQ8kVE&t=1550s
- Reduce the sugar consumption ~ processed sugar and high glycemic carbohydrates reduce immune function, so consider switching from the sugary treats to fruit with moderation! This video is one of many that supports such with science-based industry history in the USA info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&t=2250s
- Now is also a great time to learn about and make use of immune system boosters with prudence (NO EXTREMES) Vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin C. Sufficient vitamin A supports our body to fight off infections, so ensure you're getting some (main sources: cod liver oil, liver, egg yolks). Vitamin D and vitamin C are also known to help our body fight infections by boosting immunity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxPVF7xQ3BM
- Toilet Paper is not absolutely necessary or even available in every country and hygiene is prevalent even so. Manage your waste without fighting your neighbors. Figure it out mindfully, then wash your hands!
Honor your sacred space by supporting your wellness.
Disclaimer: The above is not diagnostic or prescriptive in accordance with my Illinois Massage Therapy scope of practice. All points made are shared for informational purposes and many additional resources are available to us online and elsewhere. I encourage life long learning in one's best interest.
With love and light,